iPage ensures you a good start by giving you a free domain name with complete registration for one year.
The Domain Name
Domain name is also known as domain. One requirement of the web host companies is to register your domain name. Once your domain name is registered your domain name will be located as www.example.com. However, when it is not registered it will be located as http://www.username.ipage.com/.
The domain name has suffixes designated as Generic Top Level Domain (TLD) and the Country Code TLD (ccTLDs). The Generic Top Level suffixes are the extensions such as .com, .net, .org, .biz, .coop, .edu, .gov, .info, .int, .mil and .museum. The Country Code TLD (ccTLDs) suffixes are created by a country. Examples are .it which is the country for Italy, .tu for Tuvalu and .us for United States of America.
Why do you need a domain name?
A domain name can improve your website’s search engine optimization (SEO). With your domain name, visitors can locate and remember your website’s address.
The requirements for domain registration are to fill up the information such as your name, your address, and phone numbers accurately. This will be forwarded into a public database.
How can you have a free domain name with iPage?
iPage has this great hosting plan that can create, develop, and promote your website in the Internet online. One of its features is to give a free domain name to their customers. Once you signed up with iPage Hosting Plan, you can have a free registered domain name for one year.
iPage Hosting Plan comes up with great features from building your website, managing it to marketing it. With this hosting plan not only the domain name is free of charge but also you will get free unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited hosting domains, unlimited mail boxes, and a free Site Lock with a value of $100. You can also use the Site Builder Tool and WordPress free of charge. You can also have your online store through its E-Commerce tools such as the Shopping Cart without any charge.
iPage Hosting gives importance to your website, your email, and your security. With its great features your website will be safe, productive, and stable. You can purchase iPage Hosting Plan with a reasonable price rate of $1.99 per month for the first three months and it will be renewed at a regular price rate.
How to register your domain name on iPage?
The following are the steps on how to register a new domain name on iPage:
- First, you must log in to your iPage Hosting account.
- Then, go to “Domain Central” and key in the domain name you want to register.
- Then click the “Register New” tab and input domain name you want to register and click search. You will be redirected
- Choose the domain name(s) you wish to register by clicking the box (es). You can add the “Domain Privacy.”However, this optional. Domain Privacy can secure your personal data which is submitted at public database.
- Choose the period for registration. Then click “Continue” tab.
- Then, key in your payment information and click “Check out” tab or if you have already filled it up already just click “Check out” tab.
Once you have done the above steps, iPage will confirm your domain registration and will send a receipt to your administrative email address. It will take 24 hours to 48 hours to activate your new domain.